“MY WIFE SPAT ON MY FACE THIS MORNING. SHOULD I SEND HER BACK TO NIGERIA?”

It’s more than 20minutes, I’m still unable to put words together to begin this story. I will try keep it simple and necessarily detailed s...

It’s more than 20minutes, I’m still unable to put words together to begin this story. I will try keep it simple and necessarily detailed so everyone will understand the true picture of what happened, why against my belief that writing personal experiences on social media is immature, I had to still write mine. Let’s just say I’m not thinking right now, maybe I’m so upset but truth is, I need your advice.

I’m writing this thread seated at the back of a Hilux truck just outside our apartment.

You see, today is EID and believe me I should be resting in the house since I’m not working today.

Days like this only come by 6times in a whole year and more than anything, I
would have loved resting than being out here.

It was yesterday evening, she called and said she and her driver were headed to my office. She wanted to pick some stuffs
around my office. Yaa, I forgot to say this is Saudi Arabia.

If you know Saudi quite well, you will agree with me that a husband will definitely get exhausted running errands for his wife or the family. I was not in the mood for shopping but she wanted to shop. She got upset that I didn’t want to
accompany her shopping.

She did her shopping alone and returned few minutes before I closed from work. We headed home.

Unknown to me, I forgot my internet router in my office because I was
rushing to get home and continue with my FIFA 16.

Her internet service expired some days back so we were using mine.

While playing game, she walked into the sitting room and demanded for my router. Mine, not hers. With her tone and facial expression demanding the router.

I didn’t respond because there was an indication that she was warming up for a quarrel. I wasn’t just in the mood. The thing is, she is very skilled in extending her anger phases. That is one thing I can’t understand till today. Believe me, it was not like this while we were dating. Sorry, I forgot to tell you I
married my university girlfriend, she is years my junior and the same department. Yes, I’m one of those guys that dated and planned for the future with their girls at the same time.

God blessed that plan but at this point I don’t understand everything that has been happening for the past one year
plus since we got married.

She repeatedly demanded that I
handed over my router to her but I was quiet. Meanwhile, it occurred to me that I forgot the router in my office the minute she first asked about it. Truth is, I actually needed to use the internet that night for my online FIFA.

After several times of asking for the router and no response from me, she took the TV remote and switched off the TV.
She walked straight to the kitchen and hid the remote. I approached her in the kitchen and told her I was not ready
for any kind of quarrel. We have had enough for the past one year of getting married.
I then told her I forgot the router in my office, I didn’t have it. I guess she didn’t believe me, she never did. She told me to leave her alone. I returned back to
the sitting room with my heart beating fast. I knew she wanted a serious quarrel that night. After some minutes, I returned to the kitchen and requested for the remote.

Then I figured out she hid it in her pant. Pretending I was passing by, I swiftly went for the remote from under her short gown and grabbed it. She didn’t expect I knew where she hid it.
She followed me behind and ceased the game console,
second indication she wanted me to react. I do have a problem with my temper just like every human, male or
female. I have also learnt to deal with it by walking away at times I feel I was going to lose it. The same reason I’m
outside at this time, 9:55 pm Saudi time.

She knows I have fought hard to tame my temper issues but most times, she makes deliberate efforts to have me overreact to her nags and rants.

I watched her hide the console in her pant yet again. I shuddered in obvious fear because I knew what the woman
wanted, a fight. Unable to deal with it, the intimidation and the shame, I went for the console and squeezed it out from
her hand while she was trying to hold it tight.

That was when the trouble then started. She wanted a buffer to help her spill everything she had nursed in her mind.
“You are a violent person!! You can kill, idiot!! You were not shown love
by your parents, that is why you will squeeze your wife’s hand to collect the console.
They allowed you to grow up in the street without parental guidance and love.”

Then it came….pwaaaaaaah!!! She spat on my face!!!!! God knows,
I have never been spat at before, not by my parents, not by my siblings, not by anybody. ” I agree I was not shown love
by my parents but your Dad is a coward for running away from your mother without being there for you guys when he
needed to play his roles as a father. That explains the reason you are like this”, I said and walked back to the sitting room.

I managed to play a few games which I lost mostly and then slept off around past 5am this morning.

Around 3pm, I woke up and went to the office. Not like I had work but I needed to clear my head away from the house. If only there was alcohol in Saudi, I would have been somewhere in a hotel drinking away the shame.

When I returned home by past 7pm, hungry and tired. I needed to continue my game but I could no longer find the game console and the TV remote. I asked for it and she ignored me. I managed to eat
and then left the house to this truck.

You see, I love my wife more than anything, more than anyone. She is one person in the whole world I could go any length for. I love her, that was why I forgave her when she broke up with me after I left Nigeria for Saudi Arabia.
She broke up with me few months after I came to Saudi and started dating another guy twice her age.
She says she never expected I would come back to her after she left me
but I did. I did because I saw a future with her, a future I imagined, believed in and worked towards its reality.

Today, we have gotten to a level where most people out there would want to be.
Our colleague's envy is because they
believe we are privileged and blessed but what they don’t know is that in the truth, I have no peace.
This marriage has become my legacy and my curse.

I want to send her back to Nigeria in few days time and I hope I’m not making a mistake!!! Spitting on my face, nah
nah….am so fed up!!!!

0 comments