Short Story!

Mrs Florence And Her Child: Child: "Mummy, you are raising your voice." Mummy: "Yes, it's because of what you just ...

Mrs Florence And Her Child:

Child: "Mummy, you are raising your voice."

Mummy: "Yes, it's because of what you just did. You made me raise it!"

Child: "But..."

Mummy: "But what?"

Child: "You told me it's not good to raise your voice and that nothing should ever make you do it."

Mummy: "Well, you provoked me, son. And I couldn't help it. So, you caused it."
......................................................
Mrs Joy And Her Child:

Child: "Mummy, you are raising your voice."

Mummy: "I am sorry, son. It's not right to do so. It's not okay under any circumstance. I shouldn't have. I am very sorry."

Child: "Okay, mummy. I am sorry too for what I did. I won't do it again. I am very sorry."

Mummy: "That's alright."

The End.

Same scenario.
Different attitude.
Different outcomes.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it..." Prov.22:6

Training is not only about what you say or teach, it is more about how you demonstrate and live what you say and teach; and how you own up/take responsibility when you miss it.

When situations come to test your teachings as they are bound to do, do you substantiate those teachings and pass your tests, or you contradict them and fall flat on your face?

It is your response/attitude in such situations that will determine if your teachings will either sink in and be written in ink, or get drowned and be flushed away.

You should be mindful of this.
You should take note...

God Bless You!

0 comments