I WISH I HAD NOT MARRIED HIM posted by tinashe Maruta

This is just a short story of my life, my experiences, my mistakes and lesson learnt. My name is Natasha and I have to say that I am a b...

This is just a short story of my life, my experiences, my mistakes and lesson learnt.

My name is Natasha and I have to say that I am a beautiful, intelligent and young christian lady. When I turned 30, the pressure to get married from my family and relatives was too much to handle. Did I mention that I’m the only daughter, so you can imagine what the pressure felt like. At church people started saying that I had a spiritual husband and that I needed deliverance. The pressure became more intense such that I became desperate for marriage. My pastor introduced me to a certain man of God at a church revival who proposed marriage to me and said that God had told him that I was his wife. To be honest I didn't really love this man but I thought things would change and I would develop love for him. My pastor kept on encouraging me and I just said YES because of the pressure coming from family and also how people thought being single means that you have a spiritual husband. I informed my mother about this man and the marriage plans. she was really happy and set out to make enquiries about him and his family. She was happy because the man was also a pastor. I tried to explain my feelings to my mother but she brushed me off and said that I should relax and with time I will get to understand and love my husband.

We had our wedding and I became a married woman and hoped for a happily ever after life. My mother came to visit after my child birth and was speechless. She had to ask me if I was really happy and I told her not to bother. She wanted me to get married and I’m married.

In summary, after 2years of marriage with the verbal, emotional, psychological abuse. I am now divorced. I became a divorced, single mother at age 33 because I Married The Man Of Other People’s Dreams But Lived With The Man Of My Nightmares.
The lesson i have learnt is to Never ever give in to pressure from family, friends, society or wherever it may come from because at the end you are the one who has to live with the person and bears the consequence. Everyone blames me for what happened yet they are the ones who pushed me. I was a strong praise and worship leader but now I lost it too. I just want to tell every woman not to give in to the pressure from people about marriage. Also realise that even a man of God is still human and they can make errors so don't think getting married to a pastor is an express ticket to a happy marriage.

WAIT UPON THE LORD.

My Addition: 30years is not an age of mockery. I have seen some ladies out there above 30 with the best of character. If you are 30 and single don't bury yourself in worry and desperation. Your husband will find you soonest. Don't marry out of pressure. I pray that God connects you to your partner in the name of JESUS CHRIST. Let the favour of God beautiful you in JESUS Name. You will become the most sought out lady. People will come from far and near to ask your hand in marriage. Every cause of delay is cursed in the name of Jesus. AMEN

1 comments