Tears of A Bleeding Heart – Season II Episode 7

“Oh my God, you have finally brought my daughter to me!” the woman said embracing Mansa with tears in her eyes. Mansa had no idea what ...

“Oh my God, you have finally brought my daughter to me!” the woman said embracing Mansa with tears in her eyes.
Mansa had no idea what was going on.
“Mansa, look how you’ve grown so big and beautiful… I’ve always been longing for this day” the lady said.
Mansa was totally confused.
“Madam, I don’t understand what you’re saying,” She finally said.
“I know, my daughter. I know it’ll be hard for you to take in. Sit down Mansa and let’s talk,” the woman said and they both sat down.
“Mansa,  you are not an orphan. I am your biological mother. My name is Mabel Lokko and I’m the CEO of Lokko farms Ltd,” she said.
“I don’t understand, madam. I was told back at the orphanage that my mother died during my delivery,” Mansa said.
“Yes, I know. That was the only way to keep me away from your foster mother. Your father took me far away, to a place where no one knew me. He promised to come back and be with me but he never showed up again. He took you away from me because he wanted to be close to you. Besides, you were the only child he had back then so he cherished you very much. I didn’t like how he went about things but I didn’t have the ability to trace him or you until Obed showed up” Mrs Lokko revealed.
Mansa still looked confused. She had a lot of questions running through her mind. It was difficult for her to keep up and put the pieces together .
“Where is my father now? And how is my foster mother connected to my father?” Mansa asked.
“Your father is late and Mrs Bernard who happens to be your foster mother is actually your step mother ” She revealed.
“Are you saying that Mr Bernard the pastor is actually my father? “Mansa asked.
“Yes, he is” Said Mrs Lokko
Meanwhile, Chris was still pleading with Alice. He told her to ask anything she wanted and he would grant it.
Alice knew this was a good opportunity for her. The moment she had been waiting for.
“Marry me within the next 3 weeks” Alice said.
Marriage? That was the last thing Chris ever thought of. He was not ready to settle down with Alice or anyone. As a matter  of fact, he didn’t consider himself the committed type. Marriage was just a no-go area for him. It was simply impossible.

“Come on Alice, you know we both are not ready for this,” Chris said.
“Speak for yourself. I am ready,” Alice retorted.
“Marriage is a major decision, please re-consider, please” Chris pleaded.
“Look, I’m not in the mood for re-consideration. I thought you said I should ask for anything I wanted” Alice said, reminding Chris of what he had told her earlier.
“I know, but Marriage is out of the question for now, Alice” Chris said.
He was not ready to grant that offer. She noticed it and remained quiet for a while as Chris kept pleading with her.
She finally arrived at something.
“Ok, fine. Since you are not as responsible as I thought, I have another request and I’m not going to change my mind on that one” She said.
“What is it? tell me” Chris asked
“I need you to pay N5,000,000 into my account by the end of this week.  No more, no less. That’s the only way you can compensate me and pay me off for good,” Alice said.
That amount was quite huge for Chris but he had no choice but to raise it for Alice.
The only way he could think of was to go back to his old trade. The same one that got him arrested in the states… Buying and selling of drugs. It was what got him arrested and thrown in jail until Derek and his father came to his aid.
He quickly made a phone call to one of his gang members to hook him up with some drugs to sell.

Mrs Bernard needed to update Rita on Mansa being discharged and they needed to come up with the next course of action. She called Rita to come over to her house so they could talk about it.
Derek, on the other hand, was wondering how he was going to confess to Mansa when she came back. He was walking around the compound of the house when he saw Rita come in.
Rita didn’t see him. She just went straight to the door leading to the living room and entered.
Mrs Bernard quickly started the discussion.
Mrs Bernard: “Look, I’m really sorry about what happened  earlier. I was frustrated. I promise I’m going to give you half of the money this evening”
Rita: “That’s ok by me”.

Mrs Bernard: “But hey,  you are so unpredictable. How come you didn’t tell me you planned to poison Mansa.”
Rita: “What are you talking about?  I did no such thing.”
Mrs Bernard: “Are you sure?
Rita: ” Yes, that would be too extreme ”
Mrs Bernard: “Then I guess we are not her only enemies. However, looks like our plans failed. Mansa is well and fit again and even walking, despite all the injections you gave her. We need to figure out our next plan of action. ”
“Mum! What?! You? How could you?!!”
Rita froze and Mrs Bernard panicked as she heard that voice, it came from the back door. She turned around to find Derek starring at them.
To be continued…

2 comments